DON'T FEEL OBLIGATED

to read everything in here... i tend to get carried away, but that's okay because i do not want to forget one moment of this experience

Friday, May 30, 2008

day 32

it is 8:00 friday night, and i am in my bed, elisa is already alseep next to me. i never realized how tiring kids are. every night we all come home exhausted, but so so happy. i love laying together in our sleeping room talking about our kids. it is true, you really do come to love those you serve... having trouble loving someone? go make their bed.

anyways, high for the day: we had marius' aunt walk home from the hospital with us today, and we had her over for dinner. no we don't have any furniture, but she was more than grateful to join us on the floor as we ate a yummy dinner elyse prepared. she is amazing. she moved to the us and has been working there as a cna for 18 years, but after her sister died in the fire she felt like she needed to come take care of her nephew. she has been here for months and i can't even describe the sacrifices she has made her marius. we love her. she is inspiring. she also makes me miss all my aunts! thanks for the love and support!
low for the day: so i was in the icu with elisa and we were putting lotion on this boy that has been there for years, and hopefully not too much longer. his little arms are about as thick as two of my fingers. his eyes were open, but not moving. he looked like something straight out of a holocaust photo. anyways, i was trying to sing him a song, but my genes got the best of me. elisa was gone by then, so i went outside his door and sat down. before i knew it there was a group of nurses around me asking a million questions. i really just wanted to be alone so i ignored them. they took my quietness as a sign to try and left me up onto a bed. so i laid on the bed and let them take my vitals and elisa came and got me and we left. this weak stomach thing is not working for me, but will not stop me.

“The true measure of a man is not how he behaves in moments of comfort and convenience but how he stands at times of controversy and challenges.”
Martin Luther King Jr.


No comments: